Definitions and interpretation
Data collectively all information that you submit to Rushsync via the Website or which is collected by Rushsync from your use of the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998; Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies); UK and EU Cookie Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011, as amended and updated from time to time; User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Rushsync and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Rushsync and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and Website the website that you are currently using, https://rushsync.com/, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Website or subscribe to our service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, Facebook or Google public profile details and information and phone number, as well as your preferences in relation to motorsport events.
PAYMENTS - PLEASE NOTE: any information you submit in respect of making payment for any subscription to our service will be submitted directly into forms hosted by third party payment processors and shall be submitted directly to their servers. They will then process your personal Data in this regard on the basis of their own privacy policies which you should check and ensure you are happy to accept. Rushsync will not under any circumstances collect or process your payment details in any way.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); items you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any contact details used to report any problems.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites Rushsync operates or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Rushsync is the "data controller".
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Information you give to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your Data in this way, you may opt out of receiving such information and restrict use of your Data in this way by changing your preferences in the "Account Settings" page of the Website;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other Users about services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Third party websites and services
- Rushsync may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to personal Data provided by Users on this Website. As mentioned above, any payment information submitted in respect of subscription for our services is submitted directly to the third party payment processor via a form hosted on their servers and is subject to their own privacy policies and terms which you should check and ensure you are happy to accept.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal Data for marketing purposes. You can exercise such right by changing your preferences within the "Account Settings" page of the Website as mentioned above and you can also exercise it by contacting us at email@example.com.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Rushsync (where such Data is held). Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Data security is of great importance to Rushsync and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- This Website may place the following Cookies on your computer or device used to access the Website:
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
The table below explains the cookies used by Rushsync currently. We will update this information as and when we introduce new functionality to the Website.
Name Domain Purpose Duration PLAY_SESSION rushsync.com Session data Session authenticator rushsync.com Authentication state 1 month NID .google.com Google preferences 24 hours _ga .rushsync.com Google analytics 2 years _gat .rushsync.com Google analytics 10 minutes pid .twitter.com Twitter button 18 months PP-Corr-Id c.paypal.com PayPal Session X-PP-SILOVER .paypal.com PayPal 30 minutes dtCookie .paypal.com PayPal Session sc_f .c.paypal.com PayPal 5 years
BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE RELEVANT COOKIES BEING PLACED ON YOUR COMPUTER/DEVICE.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser. For further information on how to opt out of Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.